Anorectic pills, better known as “diet pills”, are drugs that act directly on the central nervous system to create a stimulant effect and suppress the appetite. There are many different brands of anorectic pills on the market, and these range from the traditional caffeine pill to prescription drugs like phentermine for sale. Learning more about anorectic pills can help you make better decisions about using them safely.
What Do Anorectic Pills Do?
People will typically take anorectic pills for one of two reasons (and sometimes both). First, some individuals will use these drugs to help them feel more energetic, especially after a night of little sleep. Some common examples of anorectic drugs that you can find over the counter in department, drug, and even convenience stores include caffeine and ephedrine, both of which can help the user feel more awake and alert.
These drugs may also be used to help suppress the appetite, which is very helpful among those who want to lose weight without the feeling of constant hunger. When you take a stimulant, it activates your body’s stress signals, often known as the “fight-or-flight” response. This response suppresses the production of a hormone called ghrelin, a neuropeptide that induces hunger, and increases the production of a hormone called leptin, which is an appetite suppressor. When there is less leptin in your body and more ghrelin, you feel hungry. On the other hand, when your body produces less ghrelin and more leptin, you feel satisfied.
Different Types of Anorectic Drugs
Most stimulant drugs are also anorectic, but not all anorectic pills belong to the same class of drugs. For example, some of these drugs, such as phentermine, are outright stimulants that are very similar in molecular makeup to amphetamine. In fact, phentermine was originally developed to treat obesity; it is not FDA approved for any other use in the United States.
On the other hand, Clenbuterol is also considered an anorectic drug, but it belongs to a class of medications known as bronchodilators. It was originally created to help dilate the airways in people with serious respiratory conditions like emphysema, asthma, and others. It just so happens that Clenbuterol (and many drugs like it) also has a stimulant effect that mimics the action of caffeine but is much more potent.
Anorectic Pills and Your Safety
Though anorectic drugs are quite popular and you can purchase many of them without a prescription, they can be quite dangerous and even addictive when not used according to recommendations and guidelines. Caffeine pills are some of the most popular over-the-counter pills in the US, but it is quite possible to overdose, which may lead to illness or even death. Because many of the most popular diet pills are much stronger than caffeine, it is vital that you take them responsibly. You should always consider the following tips when taking any kind of stimulant diet pill.
- Do not use anorectic pills if you have a heart condition. These drugs speed the heart rate significantly and can worsen things like palpitations or arrhythmia. If you have any kind of heart condition, you should not use these pills.
- Do not take more than one anorectic at the same time. These drugs are very potent, and combining them is dangerous. For example, if you are taking Clenbuterol, you should not use phentermine at the same time.
- Pay close attention to recommended doses. All the anorectic pills on the market today come with dosing guidelines, so be sure to follow these closely. Never take more than recommended; this will not help you lose weight or feel more alert, and it may cause severe side effects.
- Eat right and exercise. Anorectic drugs can and do suppress your appetite, which can help you lose weight. However, they are not miracle drugs, and you will need to adopt a healthy eating plan.
- Do not take diet pills long-term. While diet pills certainly can help you reach your goals, it’s important to remember that anorectic drugs are not meant to be used over long periods of time. The longer you take them, the higher the chances of side effects related to your cardiovascular system. Making lifestyle changes is vital for this reason; once you’ve reached your goals, your new healthy lifestyle will help you maintain your ideal weight.
Where to Buy Anorectic Pills
If you feel that anorectic pills can help you reach your weight loss goals, there are a few different ways to get them. You can buy anorectic pills like caffeine and ephedrine over-the-counter in most stores (even convenience stores), and when taken according to the directions on the package by otherwise healthy individuals, they are quite safe. Bear in mind that each brand has different ingredients in different concentrations, so you will need to do your research before you buy.
Stronger anorectic drugs are available by prescription only, and this means you will need to see your doctor. If you are overweight but healthy, and if you are willing to make the necessary lifestyle changes required to reach and maintain your goal weight, your doctor will likely prescribe them to you. At this point, you will be able to buy anorectic pills in your favorite pharmacy. Your health insurance may cover the cost of these drugs, and if not, there are generic alternatives available for several of them.
If you are struggling to lose weight despite lifestyle changes, or if you seem to have hit a brick wall in your weight loss endeavors, then anorectic pills may be a solution for you. You can find them in your favorite drug stores, or you can see your doctor. The latter option is the best option as your doctor can keep an eye on your health and progress as you go.